Wednesday, March 16, 2011

what I love: ombre!

There are so many things to love about ombre that I don't even know where to begin. For those of you who are unfamiliar with what ombre is, the simplest definition is a shaded effect of color which can be applied to nearly anything. Many people immediately think of ombre fabric. Like this dress features: 

 But the fact of the matter is ombre can be applied to so very many different things! And when you're talking ombre at weddings, you're talking beautiful. Just take a gander at the various ombre items available at our beck and call!

One of my favorite applications of ombre is on a wedding cake. The best purveyor of ombre wedding cakes - hands down? Maggie Austin. And for all of you local DC brides, you're in luck cause her homebase is right here in the District!
photo credit: Maggie Austin Cake
 I know you just fell in love; no need to lie to yourself.

Looking for a gorgeous ombre shift dress, are you? I have the perfect one thanks to Alice and Olivia.
photo credit: a blond and a brunette

And for those of you who are looking for just a pop of ombre, you can't get much better than these gorgeous and (incredibly) unique earrings!
That's leather fringe dip-dyed in a fabulous purple. I know, I know. You just fell in love again.

You didn't think I was going to leave out the original wedding ombre, courtesy of Gwen Stefani. What a gorgeous rebel she is.

Finally, I did in fact leave the best for last - a little wedding DIY ombre project that is oh so simple and, more importantly, oh so undeniably beautiful.
photo credit: Once Wed
What are those? Ombre napkins you see! That's right. You can't get more chic than that. What's better? they're ridiculously inexpensive to pull off. Check out all the instructions over here at Once Wed!

There's no denying that what I love this week is absolutely ombre. You don't have to say a word. I know you love it too!

No comments:

Post a Comment