Wednesday, December 8, 2010

what I love: anniversaries!

I know I rarely discuss my personal life, but this one's a milestone I can't ignore. Our 5 year anniversary happened last week. Five. YEARS. That's longer than Brad and Angie have been together or Tom and Katie or Barbie and Ken. Ok, maybe not the last one, but you get the point. That's half a decade. A long time that we've gotten to spend together, and I've loved (nearly) every minute of it.

Sometimes I don't realize how caught up I get in the humdrum of our day-to-day life that I take for granted the person who is sticking by my side through all of it. Life has its ups and certainly its downs. There are moments that twist me all around. And who's there to pick me up no matter what life has thrown my way? My partner in crime and one true love. He's there through it all - through the fun nights out and the cuddly nights in, through the mundane laundry folding and the wintertime dog walking, through the endless workdays and the non-existent weekends of a wedding planner. He's there. And I love him for that.

It got me thinking about what an anniversary means in the grander scheme of things. It means a lot, though sometimes it can seem it is just another day in one's life. An anniversary really offers you something. It offers you a chance to truly look at the person you've chosen to tackle life with and let them know how much you appreciate them. It forces you to take a step back and just enjoy each other for that day and forget anything and everything going on around you. It offers you two a moment to appreciate exactly what you mean to each other, what purpose you serve for each other, and how much more fun life is with the other person there.

So what I love this week is personal, but it's also something we all share every year: anniversaries. Don't forget to take a minute and enjoy yours - whenever it may be.
We certainly enjoyed ours.

2 comments:

  1. Aww :) Really enjoyed this! Congratulations :) You rock!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww Pavaune! Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete